’DA KINK IN MY HAIR
By Trey Anthony
“If you want to know about a woman, touch her hair.” At Novelette’s Toronto salon, captivating stories untangle as eight distinctive women narrate their lives with honesty, humour, and joy. Both heartbreaking and uplifting, ’da Kink in my Hair is a musical testament to the challenges and triumphs in the lives of contemporary Black women.
Monday 7:30 PM Tuesday 7:30 PM Wednesday 1:30 PM & 7:30 PM Thursday 7:30 PM Friday 8 PM Saturday 2 PM & 8 PM Sunday Closed
Directions & Parking1585 Johnston Street
RestaurantsPresent your same-day theatre ticket at one of our restaurant partners to receive an exclusive 15% discount on food! View full list of restaurants.
Audience advisoryTheatrical devices such as herbal or electronic cigarettes, water-based fog and haze, and mature content may occur in some productions. Please contact our box office for more information.
- Celia Aloma as Stacey-Anne
- Jenni Burke as Miss Enid
- Lossen Chambers as Patsy
- Paige Fraser as Suzy
- Dawn Pemberton as Nia
- Monice Peter as Sherelle
- Katrina Reynolds as Sharmaine
- Nadine Roden as Novelette
- Ray Hogg Director
- Caitlin Hayes Music Director
- Kevin McAllister Set Designer
- Nalo Soyini Costume Designer
- Itai Erdal Lighting Designer
- Kate DeLorme Sound Designer
- Pamela Jakobs Stage Manager
- Ronaye Haynes Assistant Stage Manager