As I Lay Dying
- By William Faulkner
- A Theatre Smith-Gilmour production
- Presented with PuSh International Performing Arts Festival
"Thrilling physical theatre" —The Vancouver Sun
"Masterfully presented. See it" —Review Vancouver
"What amazed me about this performance was the acting. It was beyond superb, all of it, but especially the man playing the horse. I was mesmerized. Also, that the actors were able to create such physical drama (e.g. caught in the raging river) with virtually no props. They deserved a very long standing ovation. Bravo!!!"
—Sharon, Gabriola Island
"I loved it. Especially since the actors are so amazing, so athletic. Loved the horse. Loved the play."
—Arlene, North Vancouver
"I really liked this play, it was one of my favourites of the 2016/17 season of plays I've attended in Vancouver. It has encouraged me to finally get around to reading Faulkner's novels."
"This production, focused completely on Faulkner's evocative dialogue and the pure physicality of the actors, was powerful and energizing to watch. It's what I hope for each time I see a show and why I encourage others to start attending live theatre. I emailed many friends when I got home to encourage them to see this show."
—Robyn, New Westminster
- Julian De Zotti as Darl/Samson
- Dean Gilmour as Anse Bundren/Moseley/Reverend Whitfield/Quick
- Nina Gilmour as Dewy Dell/Littlejohn/Lula
- Eli Ham as Tull/Gillespie/MacGowan
- Benjamin Muir as Jewel/Dr. Peabody
- Daniel Roberts as Vardaman/Armstid/Cash Bundren/Vernon
- Michele Smith as Addie Bundren
- Directors Dean Gilmour and Michele Smith
- Set and Costume Designer Teresa Przybylski
- Lighting Designer André du Toit
- Stage Manager Heather Thompson
- Supported by City of Toronto through the Toronto Arts Council, Ontario Arts Council, Canada Council for the Arts, Michael B. Decter Foundation at Toronto Foundation