THE CURIOUS INCIDENT OF THE DOG IN THE NIGHT-TIME
By Simon Stephens
Adapted from the novel by Mark Haddon
15-year-old Christopher Boone has a unique perspective. He is incredibly talented at math, but never ventures beyond his street and strongly distrusts strangers. When his neighbour’s dog is killed, Christopher challenges his own barriers to uncover the truth about the dog, his family, and himself. Peek inside his mind as this incomparable show tests the boundaries of imagination and physical space.
Running time: Approx. 2 hours and 20 minutes, with one intermission
“A sheer celebration of live theatre” —Toronto Star
Winner of the 2015 Tony Award for Best Play
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time was first presented by the National Theatre, London at the Cottesloe Theatre on August 2, 2012, and transferred to the Gielgud Theatre, West End, London on March 12, 2013. The Play opened in the USA at the Ethel Barrymore Theatre on October 5, 2014.
This Play is presented by kind permission of Warner Bros. Entertainment.
Monday Closed Tuesday 7:30 PM Wednesday 1:30 PM
& 7:30 PM
Thursday 7:30 PM Friday 8 PM Saturday 2 PM & 8 PM Sunday 2 PM
Directions & ParkingGranville @ 12th, 2750 Granville Street
RestaurantsPresent your same-day theatre ticket at one of our restaurant partners to receive an exclusive 15% discount on food! View full list of restaurants.
Audience advisoryContains strong language, strobe lighting effects, and non-toxic water-based haze
- Ghazal Azarbad as Siobhan, etc.
- Jennifer Copping as Judy, etc.
- Andrew Cownden as Policeman, Mr. Thompson, etc.
- Daniel Doheny as Christopher Boone
- Arggy Jenati as Number 40, etc.
- Micheal Querin as Reverend Peters, etc.
- Laara Sadiq as Mrs. Shears, Mrs. Gascoyne, etc.
- Todd Thomson as Ed, etc.
- Anita Wittenberg as Mrs. Alexander, etc.
- Raugi Yu as Roger, etc.
- Thomas Alderson* Assistant Director
- Jake Anthony Cultural Creative Consultant
- Ashlie Corcoran Director
- Kayla Dunbar Movement Director
- Essex Edwards Math Consultant
- Itai Erdal Lighting Designer
- Drew Facey Set & Costume Designer
- Caryn Fehr Stage Manager
- Joel Grinke Video Designer
- Ronaye Haynes Assistant Stage Manager
- Adam Henderson Dialect Coach
- Patrick Pennefather Sound Designer
- Jonathan Purvis Fight Director
- Jimmz Zhang Video Designer
*The services of Thomas Alderson were made possible through Theatre Ontario's Professional Theatre Training Program, funded by the Ontario Arts Council.