The Arts Club offers VocalEye Live Description for people who are blind or partially sighted.
Each production below offers an audio-described digital stream for purchase during the date range indicated. For more information, leave a message for our box office at 604.687.1644, and someone will get back to you.
Relaxed performances are designed for anyone who might benefit from a more casual audience environment, including people with sensory processing conditions, autistic people, disabled people, parents with babes in arms, and more! There is a laid-back approach to noise and movement within the theatre space, which may be a good introductory experience for new theatre patrons.
What to expect
- Audience members are welcome to move around, and to go in and out of the theatre when they need a break from the show
- House doors remain open, and house lights remain on at a dimmed level
- Music and sound levels as well as lights and projections are more subdued
- Designated standing areas are available inside the theatre
- Communication boards and use of other technology, such as cell phones and tablets, are welcome (however, we ask that you not take photos)
- A Relaxation Station in the lobby
- Patrons are asked to avoid using fragrances and other scented products
GENEROUSLY SUPPORTED BY