MADE IN ITALY
By Farren Timoteo
In this musical coming-of-age story, you'll step back into the 1970s and meet Francesco Mantini, a second-generation Italian teen struggling to find his place in Jasper, Alberta. Inspired by pop culture icons Rocky Balboa and John Travolta, he reinvents himself as Frank Martin, crooner and ladies’ man. Equal parts comedy and music, and as buoyant and bubbly as a glass of prosecco, Made in Italy is a hilariously heartwarming celebration of family that you don't want to miss.
Winner of the 2022 Jessie Award for Outstanding Performance in a Leading Comedic Role
Based on the Western Canada Theatre production
Running time: approx. 2 hrs 10 mins (including intermission)
Monday Closed Tuesday 7:30 PM Wednesday 7:30 PM Thursday 7:30 PM Friday 8 PM Saturday 2 PM & 8 PM Sunday 2 PM* & 6:30 PM
*Daniel Curalli will perform the role of Francesco Mantini.
Special PerformanceTalkback Tuesday
Tuesday, August 2, 2022 – 7:30 PM
Directions & Parking1585 Johnston Street
Audience advisoryTheatrical devices such as water-based fog and haze, flashing lights, herbal or electronic cigarettes, and mature content may occur in this production. Please contact our box office for more information.
- Farren Timoteo Francesco Mantini
- Daniel Curalli* Understudy
*Daniel Curalli will perform the role of Francesco Mantini on Sundays at 2 PM.
- Daryl Cloran Director
- Rachel Peake Associate Director
- Laura Krewski Original Choreographer
- Cory Sincennes Set Designer
- Cindy Wiebe Costume Designer
- Conor Moore Lighting Designer
- Mishelle Cuttler Sound Designer
- Celeste English Associate Lighting Designer
- Christine Leroux Stage Manager
- Mandy Huang Apprentice Stage Manager