COVID-19 STEP 3 SAFETY MEASURES
The Arts Club Theatre Company recognizes that due to the COVID-19 pandemic special considerations must be made to reduce the risk of transmission of airborne illness. The health and welfare of our patrons, artists, staff, and volunteers is our top priority.
Following the procedures outlined below is no guarantee of an illness-free event, but we aim to minimize the risk of infection as much as possible.
Our safety measures currently in place are based on the recommendations in Step 3 of BC's Restart plan. They will be revised and amended when we move to Step 4.
All of us at the Arts Club are thrilled to welcome you back. The layers of protection look a bit different now, but the basics of keeping each other safe in our venues remain the same:
- Stay home if you are ill.
- Respect personal space.
- Wash your hands and/or use hand-sanitizing stations.
- The wearing of masks is mandatory for everyone age 12 and over.
- From September 13, 2021: Proof of partial vaccination (1st dose) is required.
- From October 24, 2021: Proof of full vaccination (2 doses, at least 7 days prior) is required.
- Before arriving at the theatre, and along with their ticket purchase, our patrons will be given information about the safety protocols that the Arts Club has implemented to make their experience a safe one
- Information submitted during the ticket purchasing experience will be kept as a record of attendance for purposes of contact tracing. If you are not the person attending the performance, you will be asked in the emailed performance reminder to let the box office know the name and phone number of the person attending the performance.
- If at any time prior to the performance a ticket needs to be changed or refunded due to illness, please contact the box office.
- As of August 25, 2021, masks are once again mandatory in indoor public spaces for anyone age 12 or older, regardless of vaccination status.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for all staff and audience members upon entry. Single-use masks will also be available to patrons to wear.
- Hand-sanitizing stations will be in the lobbies for use. To reduce crowding, and for the comfort of all our patrons, please refrain from gathering in the lobbies.
- There is currently no bar service in our venues.
- Staff will be present in the lobby to support the audience if they have questions and to assist patrons in finding their seats in the theatre.
- All audience members will be expected to practice physical distancing of 6 feet while in the common areas of the theatre.
- Arts Club staff will be present in the lobby to support the audience if they have questions about the new procedures, and to encourage audience members to find their seats in the theatre.
- All common touch surfaces in the lobby and theatre will be wiped down between all performances.
- To allow for maximum ventilation and airflow, the lobby doors will be left open as patrons enter the theatre.
- Washrooms will be disinfected between each performance, and directly after the performance begins.
- If an audience member requires the use of the washroom during the show, the attendant may need to re-seat you in an alternative seat when you return.
- At this time, programming does not have an intermission. During seating and exit from the theatre, doors will be left open to reduce common touch surfaces. Doors should be opened or closed only by Arts Club staff members.
- During seating, traffic flow will be managed through designated entrances and exits, but in the event of an emergency, or at the end of a production, the audience will be able to leave through all doors.
- Between performances, all hard surfaces on seats in the theatre (including seat backs, drink holders, and armrests) will be wiped down and disinfected. An hour (minimum) without patrons in the venue will be scheduled.
- If a patron is excessively coughing or sneezing during a performance, they may be asked to leave by an Arts Club staff member.
- To allow for maximum ventilation and airflow, the HVAC system in the theatre will be running through the performance at full capacity regardless of audience size, and where possible will be equipped with MERV-13 air filters.